- 14-Mar-2017 to 15-May-2017 (MST)
- American Fork, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Vision, Dental, Urgent Care Membership, Vasa Gym Membership, 401(k), Life Insurance, Accident Insurance
At Thrive Life, we are passionate about improving the lives of families around the world. Our products offer families an enhanced mealtime experience through cost-effective convenience. Families can count on quality, nutritious foods and maintain peace of mind with our long lasting, freeze dried products. We aim to take this food revolution throughout the world and need individuals who are passionate about our mission and dedicated to excellence to join our Thrive team!
Freeze Dry supervisors are responsible for running all freeze dry operation. They will be working with frozen products and in and out of freezers and will occasionally have to wear protective gear for work being completed in the freezer.
Shift is Thurs-Sat, 12:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Support all freeze dry operations and fill in wherever needed
- Oversee day to day freeze dry operation
- Utilize lean manufacturing concepts to drive efficiencies and eliminate waste
- Enforce all quality processes and work standards
- Enforce all company policies and procedures
- Comply with all safety standards
- Develop and implement SOP's and work standards
- Develop cross-functional work groups
- Collect production data and complete time studies
- Compile data into basic operations reports
- Create, print, and close work orders
- Attach identification labels to finished items
- Monitor operations systems transactions
- Load and unload trucks
- Conduct team training
- Facilitate tray & trolley loading, blast freezing, freeze drying, production, and sanitation processes
- Meet or exceed KPI's
- Monitor equipment and facility sanitation
- Maintain a food safe environment
- Ensure products conform to specifications
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Lift up to 40 lbs. continuously
- Stand in one place for 12 or more hours
- Keep a steady and fast pace for full shift
- Repetitive pushing, pulling, and bending movements
- Pull 2,000 LBS loads with a hand jack repeatedly
- Freezer work environment
- Cold Temperatures up to -36 degrees
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and write English
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Excel preferred
- Previous experience working with Inventory Management Software
- Previous experience working with shipping software
- GMP's & Food Safety Experience
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years' experience in warehouse/production operations
- 1-3 years' experience supervising
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in a food environment preferred
We look first to improve the lives of our employees and their families by offering the following benefits:
- Compensation- Fair compensation based on your abilities and experience.
- Impact- At Thrive Life, you'll be able to make a big impact in your role. Your impact will be rewarded with commissions and company profit sharing.
- Benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Long Term Disability, 401(k) with employer match, Urgent Care Membership, Discounted Vasa Fitness Membership.
- Product Discounts- We want you and your family to be able to enjoy Thrive products, so we offer you product discounts and an employer match.
- Culture- We take pride in our Thrive Life culture of continuous improvement and new ideas. Our employees are our biggest asset!